Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The proposal

* Just to share a bit of trivia *

Beloved proposed to me on March 17, 2009.  It was a Tuesday night at Shakey's somewhere in Metro Manila.

It was after the biggest fight we had... It was a fight that almost led to us to part ways... Through God's intervention we talked and settled things out. After a lot of tears shed we realized that we really don't want to be apart. So after being in good terms again my beloved asked me if I want to marry him as soon as possible. Even if it would be a simple wedding (simple means: Civil Wedding). And of course I said YES! Hahaha!

We were actually talking about it even when we we were just starting our relationship, we prayed about it and we know for sure that the Lord brought us together for a purpose-- for His purpose!

We then agreed to get married on September 21, 2009, our first anniversary. But it didn't happen. God did not allow it to happen, because He has a purpose...

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.  "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. -Isaiah 55:8-9

As time goes by, He showed us that we have to wait for His timing-- His perfect timing! And so we changed plan, adjusted and prayed (and still praying) that the Lord will allow us to marry each other by the year 2012.

Going back on the proposal thing, a lot of people (myself included. hehe) have been asking-- "so where's the ring?" No ring yet my friends. Beloved assured me that it will follow soon. How soon? Only God knows. Hehe... He told me that night (March 17, 2009) that was not know how he imagined his proposal would be, but then it happened so he let it be...

Now I don't know if he's still planning to do a take two or what though I'm hoping he will, it still wouldn't matter if there would be one or none.. I'm okay with anything! :-)

That's it for now.

Bow.

7 comments:

  1. "You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person who you cannot live without."

    ReplyDelete
  2. "What counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how compatible you are, but how you deal with incompatibility."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember this biggest fight you've had... hay hay hay But im sure glad that you guys were able to forgive each other and moved on with it... Im happy that your relationship grew and changes with time... You guys should grow old with it too.. Stay in love!!! hahahaha mwah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ anonymous 1 and 1, thank you! you're so sweet! :-)

    @ anonymous 3, oh yeah! you were one of the poeple i cried to when that fight happened... and yeah, thank God for His grace and love that keeps us (ni John) together forever. Hehe.

    thanks for dropping by. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ang ganda nung gown! pwede ko ba hiramin after? wahahaha. joke lang teh! excited na talaga ako kapag nakita ko na talaga ang "the ring" sa finger mo! aw! -mich

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow!, wat a unique setting and i believe that the gown is perfect for u as well! im so excited!. Rajsh i so admire how u plan things in details as early as this. Prayin with you both and again i for one is inspired always of how GOd work in each of you. love you both.=JaG

    ReplyDelete